Monday, April 7, 2008

Mondays are like Tuesdays. 'Cept differnet.

When the weekend has passed and Monday morning starts with a cup of coffee and the dread of a long workweek, I find myself looking back on Saturday morning.

Saturday morning I was thinking about Monday, not thinking that I would be thinking about Saturday on Monday. I thought that Monday would be different. Not like last Monday, but more like last Tuesday. Last Tuesday I was thinking it was Wednesday most of the day, and when I finally came to the realization that it was Tuesday, and not Wednesday, I was disappointed that I was further from the weekend than I had thought. Then I was struck by the notion that next Tuesday (tomorrow) I might have the same problem.

Does every day circle around and around and around? Yes.

Today is a rainy Monday, and Tuesday will probably also be rainy. I keep thinking about Saturday already, and it will probably rain then, too.

"The sound of birds in the morning will wake you so you don't forget to sleep the day away." --hb

No comments:

Post a Comment