Friday, April 4, 2008

Fridays in the rain

I am the premier, self-proclaimed, "Signature Artist." What the hell is that, you ask?

A little background first. I have spent much of the past 15 years writing editorials and columns on the internet and in trade publications ranging from medical advice to graphic design to sports. Much of what I do involves lots and lots of emails to publishers and printers. In 1997 I began to get annoyed at the signature lines of peoples emails, usually advertising some product or, most annoying, quoting scripture or philosophy. As kind of a joke, I began tagging all of my emails with a made up quote that was senseless and obscure. It wasn't long until I started receiving favorable reviews and comments on the signature quotes, so I began to compile them into a hefty file on my computer and creating a script that automatically generates one to put on the bottom of each outgoing email.

Now, I would like to expand my writings to the Blogging world, as I am no longer writing for columns due to my lack of interest. My musings shall be presented here for a release of my thoughts. Enjoy

"The last thing you want in life is to be last unless you are the last to die." --hb

No comments:

Post a Comment